HomeCurrent SalesPast SalesD.A.R.E.Commend an OfficerCrime StatisticsFormsPress ReleasesMost WantedSubmit a TipMailing ListContact UsEmploymentJail InfoBond, Commissary, Phone CardsBond ScheduleCorrections Officers & StaffVisitation & RulesAttorney VisitationGibson County SheriffsPhoto GallerySex Offender RegistryVINE LinkCCW Reciprocity MapsSupport
Inmates at the Gibson County Jail are permitted to receive visits from family members and friends on a weekly basis. However, inmate visitation is governed by specific rules and regulations to assist in maintaining security and order within the correctional facility.
||8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m. |
(inmates whose last name begins with A-G)
||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm |
(inmates whose last name begins with H-N)
||8:15 a.m. - 11:15 a.m.|
(inmates whose last name begins with O-T)
||1:00 pm - 4:00 pm |
(inmates whose last name begins with U-Z)
||6:30pm - 9:30pm (All females)|
You must be registered on the inmate's visitation list or you will not be permitted to visit an inmate.
- Inmates may change their registration names of visitors once every 90 days.
- Any deliberate act to mislead, misinform and or give false information to any staff member or Officer, in regards to visitation rules and regulations, may result in the visitor and or the inmate to loose visitation privileges, for a period of time decided by the Sheriff, Jail Commander or their designees.
- The Correction Officers or any staff members may impose temporary rules, regulations, restrictions, prohibit, enforce disciplinary action and enforce temporary orders, including but not limited to the above.
- The Sheriff, Jail Commander, Correction Officer, staff member or their designees are in no way responsible for insuring that each or any visitor is aware of any rules and regulations, regardless of whether the rules and regulations are temporary or not.
- Children will not be permitted to be on the premises except those on the visitation list. Any person bringing a child not on the visitation list will be instructed to leave the premises. Children are not allowed to disrupt visitation. If a child is disruptive you will be instructed to leave. For safety concerns, any child running or playing anywhere on the premises will have to leave. Playing in the rocks outside the building will not be tolerated.
- Inmates are allowed two (2) registered visitors only, regardless of age. No changes are allowed, unless a written letter is submitted by the inmate to the Jail Commander or his designee. The request must be approved by the Jail Commander or his designee before any change can be authorized.
- Children under the age of 16 are not permitted in visitation unless they are accompanied by an adult visitor who is 18 years of age or older, and the adult and child must be a registered visitor of that inmate, and the visit is limited to 15 minutes
- Two (2) registered visitors may visit an inmate at the same time, however the visit shall be limited to 15 minutes.
- No articles will be accepted or held for inmates awaiting transfer to another facilities. Pickup of an inmates property or personal articles: arrangements should be made at least two (2) days in advance or the property may not be able to be picked up at the time of request.
- Money for commissary will be accepted at any time. The deposit envelopes are found by the front door and can be filled out according to the information listed on the wall. There is a minimum of $10.00 that will be accepted. No personal checks at all. Certified checks or money orders will be accepted through the mail.
- Any medications prescribed by a Physician, will not be administered, unless, the medications “prescribed or over the counter medication” are approved by the Jail Physician, Staff Nurse or Medical Offices.
- Any act punishable by Indiana State Law, may result in criminal action filed against any person or persons on or about the property of the Gibson County Sheriff's Office or the jail
- You must give proof of identification if asked by an Officer or staff member or you may not be permitted to visit
- Destruction, defacing and or damaging county property will not be tolerated and may result in criminal charges being filed against any person or persons doing so.
- Correspondences to inmates such as letters and pictures including but not limited to must be mailed through the Postal Service or other mail carrier. No Polaroid pictures.
- Correction Officers or staff members will not deliver verbal messages to inmates.
- Only religious and educational reading materials will be accepted into the jail. Materials must be left at the appropriate times.
- Visitors must sign their own name to the visitors log, children under the age of 16 may be signed in by the registered adult.
- Any person that leaves the premise will have their name removed from the list and will be required to sign in again at the end of the list. Also there will be no advanced registration.
21 Stairways are not to be sat on and are to remain open; persons sitting on the stairs will be instructed to leave the building.
- There will be no food or drink allowed inside the building. Any person seen littering will be instructed to leave the premises and may be issue a citation.
- There will be no visitation for inmates on work release or serving time on weekends.
- No cameras, video equipment, or cell phones allowed in visitation.
- No smoking is allowed on Gibson County Jail, Sheriff’s Office and Community Corrections property.
Proper attire is required at all times. If proper attire is not worn, your visitation privilege will be suspended.
Inappropriate attire is defined as the following:
Halter tops or swimwear (Midriff shall be covered)
Tube tops, sleeveless dresses, or tops with spaghetti straps
Revealing dresses, blouses or tops (includes see-thru garments)
Spandex or extremely tight-fitting jeans or pants
Shorts and skirts that are cut higher than two inches above the knee
Female visitors that have need of a bra shall be required to wear one. Clothing with proper support is permissible. Shoes and shirts must be worn at all times.
1 Wedding band
Copyright 2012 by Gibson County Sheriff's Office